Worker Bee on the Cutting Edge of Drone Training
Flamingo Air’s leading educational facility now offers multiple drone training options
JULY 15, 2016 – CINCINNATI, OH – With the release of Part 107, the FAA regulations governing drone operations, a surge of applications for drone pilot licenses is almost certain.
Worker Bee, a division of Flamingo Air, is the premier educational facility for drone operations and training, and is now offering programs to meet that surge, covering drones from 8 ounces up to 747-sized remote-controlled craft.
“We want to be on the cutting edge of drone training,” said Dave MacDonald, Flamingo Air President. “We are happy to expand our training programs to offer more in the way of drone operation education to enthusiasts across the country. The biggest segment of these craft are the ‘under-55-pound’ variety, and for those operators, Worker Bee now offers three programs.”
The Worker Bee Test Prep Class, which includes all of the material to prepare a candidate to pass the FAA Written Knowledge Test. The class is $495 and includes the cost of the written exam.
The Express Class is a one-day course for $995. It does not include the drone and actual flight training, but does include:
- Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system (UAS) rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
- Airspace classification and operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small UAS operation
- Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small UAS performance
- Emergency procedures, crew resource management and radio communication procedures
- Aeronautical decision-making and judgment
- Airport operations, maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
- Certificate of completion
- Registration in FAA IACRA and completion of Form 8710-13 at the FAA IACRA Website
- The required FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test
The third option is the Full Commercial Operators Program, designed for those seeking to use the drone in a commercial endeavor. It includes everything offered in the Express Class, plus a professional quality drone featuring a 4K camera and UHD video recording system.
Testing for all programs must be done at the FAA-Approved Flamingo Air Test Center. Further information can be found at www.flamingoair.net or by calling 513-321-7465.